BA in Business and Management
The BA in Business and Management program is the first INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED bachelor program in Hungary
FBA’s English language BA in Business and Management program recently has undergone an EPAS (European Programme Accreditation System) accreditation assessment by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). We are proud to announce that the program has been accredited for 5 years. (For more information on EFMD and EPAS, please visit EFMD’s website: www.efmd.org)
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
(Program objectives & Curriculum design)
Major learning outcomes
Graduates will have the skills to:
- Work in a business environment in position suitable for the qualification and knowledge obtained. middle-management positions in a local or international environment.
- Apply decision techniques and methods when preparing business decisions.
- Communicate effectively in the student’s native tongue and English in a domestic and international business environment.
- Adapt to business and business environment changes, to evaluate and plan a career path via life-long learning, to widen theoretical knowledge on the basis of hands-on experience.
- To work individually and in teams in various areas of business
- To work in a middle-management position in a business in a local or international environment.
The program consists of the following blocks: foundation courses, general business courses, specialization business courses, elective courses. The teaching methodology focuses on a combination of lectures (to provide the necessary theoretical knowledge required) and seminars (where students can apply the theory in practice). Seminars include interactive discussions, small group work, student projects and presentations, case studies and other business problem related issues. In addition to business, economics and social science elective courses, students are also offered the possibility to study foreign languages. After 6 academic semesters, students will achieve a one semester (15 weeks uninterrupted) internship in a company where they will have to opportunity to apply their knowledge in real life. The curriculum thus provides a sound theoretical basis for the students’ future career, as well as combining theoretical knowledge with hands-on practice. The program is taught entirely in English and the truly international student body provides graduating students with the additional advantage of having worked together with students of other countries and cultures for 6 academic semesters.
Structure of studies
- Academic credits altogether (minimum): 180
- Foundation courses: 30
- Basic economics, statistics and accounting courses: 51
- General business courses: 54
- Specialized business related courses: 36
- Elective courses: 9
- Thesis Work 0
- Internship/Placement credits: 30
- Credits altogether (minimum): 210
- 1 Hungarian credit = 1 ECTS credit
- 1 credit is defined as 30 student working hours
The program includes a mandatory, uninterrupted 15 week internship following the completion of the 6 semesters of academic studies.